The 2020 annual meeting of the Academic Data Science Alliance (ADSA) will be held online from October 14th-16th, 2020. The organizers are seeking proposals for sessions and talks by July 20th.
The 2020 ADSA Annual Meeting will bring together data science methodologists and domain researchers from all disciplines and career stages to share breakthroughs and new approaches in data science research and education, with a strong emphasis on responsible data science.
The virtual meeting, which is free to attend, will include semi-structured and themed networking sessions to facilitate new collaborations. Registration information will be available soon via the ADSA website.
In addition, the program committee is currently welcoming proposal submissions on timely topics such as:
- Methods for addressing structural or institutional racism and other social justice issues
- Covid-related research that leverages cross-discipline collaboration, e.g. risk-based analysis, interdependencies, human contexts
- Explainable machine learning
- Tooling for data collection, curation, annotation, and correction/revision
- Physics-guided machine learning
- Teaching and communicating about uncertainty and how to evaluate uncertainty in models like those that have emerged because of the pandemic
For further details on submitting a proposal, click here.